3D Printed in Grey or Black
Size:15 x 10.92 x 11.18 mm
The BMW R75 is a World War II-era motorcycle and sidecar combination produced by the German company BMW. The BMW R75 stands out by its integral two-wheel drive design, with drive shafts to both its rear wheel and the third side-car wheel, from a locking differential, as well as a transfer case offering both road and off-road gear ratios, through which all four and reverse gears worked. This made the R75 highly manoeuvrable and capable of negotiating most surfaces. A few other motorcycle manufactures, like FN and Norton, offered optional drive to sidecars.
In the 1930s BMW were producing a number of popular and highly effective motorcycles. In 1938 development of the R75 started in response to a request from the German Army.
Preproduction models of the R75 were powered by a 750 cc side valve engine, which was based on the R71 engine. However it was quickly found necessary to design an all-new OHV 750 cc engine for the R75 unit. This OHV engine later proved to be the basis for subsequent post-war BMW flat-twin engined motorcycles like the R51/3, R67 and R68.
The BMW R75 and the competing ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp KS 750 were both widely used by the Wehrmacht in Russia and North Africa, though after a period of evaluation it became clear that the ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp was the superior machine. In August 1942 ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp and BMW, on the urging of the Army, agreed upon standardization of parts for both machines, with a view of eventually creating a ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp-BMW hybrid (designated the BW 43), in which a BMW 286/1 side-car would be grafted onto a ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp KS 750 motorcycle. They also agreed that the manufacture of the R75 would cease once production reached 20,200 units, and after that point BMW and ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp would only produce the ZÐ ÐŽÐ Ð‰ndapp-BMW machine, manufacturing 20,000 each year.
(more on Wiki HERE)