Scale of Model:
Rules on how to use this piece in HBG's Global War Game.
Farman F.222 Strategic Bomber
Pre-War Bomber: Replace French strategic bombers with F.222 in all scenarios prior to 1939.
Availability: 1937 (Start of War)
The Farman F.220 and its derivatives were thick-sectioned, high-winged, four engined monoplanes from Farman Aviation Works. Based on the push-pull configuration proven by the F.211, design started in August 1925 and the first flight of the prototype was on May 26, 1932. The definitive F.222 variant was the biggest bomber to serve in France between the world wars. One variant was designed as an airliner
- Crew: five or six
- Length: 21.5m (70 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 36.2m (118 ft 1 in)
- Height: 5.2m (17 ft)
- Wing area: 188 m2 (2,023.6 ft2)
- Empty weight: 10,488 kg (23,122 lb)
- Loaded weight: 18,700 kg (41,226 lb)
- Powerplant: 4 × Gnome-Rhône 14N-11 radial engines, 708 kW (950 hp) each
- Guns: three 7.5mm MAC 1934 manually aimed in nose turret, dorsal and ventral positions
- Bombs: 5,190 kg (9,240 lb) (F.222/2)