Overview: Oil & Gas refineries (including synthetic oil plants) were important facilities in World War II, especially for the oil-starved Axis powers. While there were far too many refineries world wide to represent all of them, these represent strategically refineries and oil storage facilities on the map
Refinery Statistics: Each refinery can absorb a maximum of 5 tactical damage points. After that they may not be further damaged. Each refinery has inherent AA guns as if it were a factory.
Refinery Effect: Each refinery that is damaged (>1 damage point) or captured increases the cost of that nation’s aircraft and naval vessels by 1.
Placement: Place refineries in the following areas:
1. Oil Refinery [Berlin, Western Germany, Romania] – These represent German refineries and synthetic oil plants vital to the war effort.
2. Oil Refinery [Baku] – Over 70% of Soviet oil came from refineries around the town of Baku in the Soviet Union.
3. Oil Refinery [Venezuelan Sea Zone] – This facility represents an important aviation fuel refinery on Dutch Aruba where Venezuelan oil was refined for British use prior to the American entry into the war. Attacking this facility is an attack on the Netherlands.
4. Oil Refinery [Sumatra] - This facility represents Royal Dutch Shell refining facilities in the oil-rich Dutch East Indies.
5. Oil Refinery [Fukuoka] – This facility represents Japanese home island refineries. While these produced little oil (about 1/360th of US output) they were critical for the Japanese war effort.
6. Oil Refinery & Natural Gas Refinery [Deep South] – These represent important Gulf Coast oil facilities in the United States.
7. Oil Refinery [Turin] – This represents Italian oil refining and storage facilities Northern Italy.
We have heard from you gaming customers that have asked for markers that are better than cardboard, smaller than other companies that produce these, so here they are. Laser cut on brown hardboard in full color. This artwork will NOT rub or scratch off very easily or at all. They are durable, bright, and easy to handle...1/8" (3mm) thick. 3/4" (19mm) round.