You will receive a 44" x 28" full color vinyl map. Full colour rules and set up charts will be in PDF format.
World War II in Asia and the Pacific is a theatre level game that begins in the spring 1941. You take on the side of Japan or the Allies (Australia, China, UK, US and USSR). You control the economies and production of these nations as well as their armed forces. This game has been revised with new map, rules and set-up.
• Rules for terrain that affect defense and movement.
• Supply to your armies will be important, as your armies can be cut off from their supply source and destroyed.
• Ships and planes operate from bases.
• Fleets can intercept enemy fleets fleet movements.
• Convoys can be set up or cancelled. You will need convoys to supply your armies, lend resources to allies or collect for overseas territories. Protect your convoys from the wolfpacks.
• Blitzkrieg movements.
• Chinese Nationalists and Communists as separate forces.
• Island air strips and minor naval bases.
• Optional rules, such as fleet trains, winter in Siberia, technology, and kamikazes.
• Optional rules for playing Japan with 2 players (army and navy).
• Rules for armistice of the British and Australia.
• Rules for oil production and use in the armed forces.
• Advanced rules for naval combat that add weather, day or night engagements, initiative, and surface combat or carrier combat.
To play this game you will need:
• Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 (for the pieces, chips and airbases).
• 5 paratroopers - 1 for each country (available from HBG).
• Fortress markers (available from HBG)
• Supply or beachhead markers (available from HBG)
• Cut off markers
• markers to denote convoy routes
This game can be played with World War II in Europe as a global war game.